Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Welcome to the Blog-O-Sphere!

Last night, six of the seven of us landed on the idea of creating our own blog. We're all writers, busy not just creating characters and worlds but also scrutinizing our work and ourselves to figure out what will propel us onto some publisher's list. Have we rid ourselves of cliche and passive voice and pesky adverbs? Have we told enough truth about our characters (and ourselves)? Is our query letter right and are we sending it to well-chosen agents or publishers? Can I write more words today than I did yesterday (or last week)?

We could question ourselves or we could write. And so we blog. Because writing and ruminating are what writers do.

Victoria Tirrel
One of Seven Authors in Search of a Publisher

1 Comments:

Blogger Seven Authors in A Private Conversation said...

I am just trying this out. Hope to get our blog going.
Years ago, I hoped to get a job as a writer. I finally did, using my background as a nurse as the springboard. I was surprised though, when I realized that even though I enjoy all writing, it wasn't enough. Creative writing is what I craved. And so I may get paid to write 40 hours per week, if I haven't done some of my "Own" writing -- that is, writing what I darn well please in my own style -- I get edgy and unhappy. Writing in my own voice is essential to my mental health. I think this is typical for creative types. Reva

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home