Sunday, October 22, 2006

post number two

I have stalled on finishing my book, currently named "The Year I Ran Away to China." It's not a lack of discipline but life maintenance that has gotten in the way. Seasonal illness, home maintence and job stress. I have learned to respect these interruptions rather than call myself lazy or undisciplined.

Life has stabilized and today I can get back to the book. To my surprise I am thinking about fictionalizing it again. I have been on the edge of fiction vs nonfiction since early in the writing. This doesn't trouble me. It has freed me in my writing. I am trying to tell a story set in my three years in China. That's a lot of wonderful material and it surprised me when I realized I could not get everything that happened to me in three years into one book. So many stellar experiences have to excluded.

Time is a difficult concept to grasp. I was surprised to discover I cannot document three years in four hundred pages.

I am going to write freely today, without thought if this is fiction or nonfiction. I am just going to write so I can get at the story I want to tell.
Reva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home