Sunday, January 28, 2007

Cutting it

After hearing about the gather.com novel contest, I thought I might find something for memoir, so I did a net search. Amazingly, the Association of Writers & Writing Programs currently has an award series for poetry, short fiction and CREATIVE NONFICTION, just my thing! But only 300 pages, double-space. So I worried for a couple days, as I can't find a thing in my ms. that isn't either brilliant or essential and I am way over 300 pages.
But this morning, I realized all the Christmas episodes can be cut, the funny little side story about Janet at the hairwash can go, the dinner with Mr. Farah isn't important, maybe even the har, har Chuck episode can be shortened.
None of this is important to the story. I'm impatient now to get back to cutting this story down to size.
Reva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home