Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I am distracted

. . . by the cold
. . . by my job (boy, howdy does it distract me--dysfunction central!)
. . . by my recovery from pneumonia
. . . by writing contests
. . . by all my friends who are out of work and thus on the edge of financial insolvency even though they are all in their 40s and 50s and should have planned better (and probably I should help them, right?)
. . . by all the approaching holidays (Valentines, my birthday, St. Pats) that bring with them EXPECTATIONS (mine and others)
. . . by global warming
. . . by trying to work on two novels at once
. . . by more fears, taboos, aspirations, ideas, rage fantasies and big Os than perhaps any one person should have in a lifetime

Hmmmm . . . these all sounds like good writing prompts to me! ~ Victoria Tirrel

1 Comments:

Blogger Seven Authors in A Private Conversation said...

Dear, dear Victoria -- Distractions! So nice to hear about someone else's! Some days it is really hard, isn't it?

I suppose the distractions are worse if its been too long since I've had a few good writes -- the material is backed up in me, punching its way out.

Creative energy is a restless energy.
Reva

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home